Thursday, October 26, 2006

What to Watch Thursday October 26th

Getting started early today folks, but expect the ratings report to be up late today as I'm packed this afternoon. However, I will get it up early if I can. Just depends on what time they come down, and how much of it I can get done before I have to be where I have to be. Alright, enough with that, now let's see what you should be watching tonight.
  • Smallville (CW at 8PM EST): Even though not one of the best television shows on the air, and probably not the best show during it's timeslot, this show about the formative years of Superman continues to prove worthy of watching because of the allure. However, the stories aren't top notch which is normally hard with Superman as even the comics can't get it right. Thankfully, I think the movie this past summer did an amazing job of telling a good Superman story. Currently, the Oliver Queen/Green Arrow story has been pretty good, and it will continue tonight. This is all building up to the JLA in my eyes, and that could be amazingly cool. What's not cool though is the fact that it looks like Green Arrow is more like Batman than anything. But, check it out if you haven't as it's an easy show to jump into.

  • Ugly Betty (ABC at 8PM EST): Ugly Betty is the surprise show of the season if you ask me. It's a quirky, quaint show that hasn't completely won me over yet which is why I still watch Smallville. One of the more annoying factors is the need to call it a comedy when it is a drama with comedy aspects to it. However, I guess they can call it whatever they want. This show offers enough each week to get me coming back even though I'm waiting for it to turn me off. Maybe this is the week, maybe it won't. However, 14 million people are watching this show which is a strong number and one of the strongest of the season. If you're in the mood for a new show tonight, then check out Ugly Betty.

  • Grey's Anatomy (ABC at 9PM EST): In my opinion, Grey's Anatomy is probably the best ensemble drama on television today as they are able to weave multiple storylines and an ensemble of roughly ten people rather well. Right now, they're adding a new character into the show, and the last new character is finally getting settled into the show. Of course, you get the continuation of the storyline between Derek and Meredith, and while not the best aspect of the storyline, it's still entertaining especially if they're taking it down the road of Derek and Meredith finally together. Hopefully, the show can keep this momentum up as they're moving into a weird position with Burke and Christina Yang. I'm not sure where they're going with that story, but it's turning very dark. This is not a show that you have to watch from the beginning, but I recommend it. This show is loving the fact that the Super Bowl lead into it back in February, and they're making the most of it.

  • Shark (CBS at 10PM EST): I've contended that Shark is the House of lawyer shows, and thus far I've been proven right. However, I like they went down a different road as Stark actually has a soft side while House does, but he never lets it out. This show continues to be fun and entertaining while slowly laying down the road work. There's no telling where they're going with it in terms of the overall story, but right now that's not important as the single story episode structure is winning fans over as opposed to the story over multiple episodes structure of Lost. The character Madeline Poe continues to be a treat and I love watching her on the show because she's good looking and plus she's a good actress if you ask me. One of the better new shows of the season and getting the ratings it deserves.

  • Six Degrees (ABC at 10PM EST): In my opinion, ABC puts together the best lineup on Thursday's even though I no longer watch Six Degrees live. However, I'm enjoying this show thus far even though it's not hitting on all cylinders. Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be cancelled very soon, if not in the next week. It'll be interesting to see what they do with this show, but can't see it lasting much longer. Loving the way all the stories are loosely connected, and really interested to see where it goes in the upcoming weeks if it gets that chance. Erika Christensen is a treat to watch every week, and the other characters offer some great scenes. Watch it, but beware that this could be the only episode you get to watch.
More coming soon.

Thanks.

The Pulse

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home