Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Looking Back at October 23rd

Last night's television is in the can and I'm now going to give you my thoughts on the shows I watched. Nothing too fancy and nothing too in-depth, but just some simple little thoughts on what I thought of television last night. Since I missed Justice, I will probably review it with tomorrow's group of shows when I do watch it.

  • Heroes: Heroes continues to be the most innovative new show of the season, and it shows in the ratings. Last night kept moving things along at a brisk pace as we were treated to four or five other stories that all interweave to each other in their own unique way. I'm loving the cheerleader story as that's the crux for everything, and I'm really enjoying the story of the two Japanese characters. Things look to get interesting next week with a few new characters entering the mix. I'm also intrigued to see how long the "Save the Cheerleader" story will go. I'm thinking by the end of Sweeps we'll see the Cheerleader either saved or dead.

  • Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: This continues to be my favorite new show of the season, and it's continued here. Everyone loves to harp on the Matt/Harriet storyline, but I'm loving it from top to bottom. The fact that Matt broke through as a writer trying to impress Harriet felt very real to me and something that Matt would do. Harriet is an interesting character that over time is going to flesh out, and last week we saw just that. This week, we got to see some more out of the other characters as Tom Jeter got to give us some history on the studio after Danny last week complaining about the studio, and wanting to remodel it. We also got some history at the end with the former writer who was blacklisted. Nice allusion from his story to the story between Matt and Harriet. Great episode once again, and the ratings holding rock steady helps to ensure that this show will be given the greenlight for the full season. We'll talk more about that tomorrow.
I think I'm done for the day as I've got other things I need to do for the rest of the night before I get to the two hours of television tonight. I may post a link to all of the press releases that are released today to detail last week's ratings. Tomorrow, look for some of the same features and news, with me also detailing what of the remaining shows will be greenlit for the rest of the season and which ones will be cancelled in the upcoming weeks. I wanted to wait until the ratings came back for Friday Night Light, which saw an increase last week, and the ratings for Veronica Mars.

Thanks.

The Pulse

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home